Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday, March 21, 2008

Sisters (2006)


The most disappointing aspect of this film was that I was really looking forward to watching it. It had Chloƫ Sevigny who is one of my favorite actresses and Stephen Rea who is awesome. The story also seemed original. So where did this movie go wrong?.

Let's start with a confusing plot, after the film was over I was so puzzled that I went straight to The Internet Movie Database to see if someone on the message boards could explain it to me. It was hindered by tons of boring unnecessary scenes before cramming all the major plot lines into 20 minutes.

There was no character development and the main characters were so boring and unpleasant that you really can't even begin to care about their motives or what will become of them. They wasted 45 minutes on a plot in the beginning that could have been done in 20. They then just had to add a "love scene" that was so gratuitous that it bordered on offensive. To add insult to injury the time they wasted with that scene alone could have been used to make the film a little less random and confusing.

Just avoid this film at all costs.

2 comments:

Admin said...

I agree with you completely. I didn't make it to the end. After the first 50 minutes I was so bored I had to turn it off before I threw something at my TV.

LadyJ3000 said...

Lucky you. I have this disturbing need to see a movie to the very end, no matter how awful it is. All those precious minutes wasted on horrible movie endings.