Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, April 6, 2008

April Fool's Day


Normally I'd be all up in arms over another '80s classic horror film being revamped but luckily for this movie I barely remember the original. This enabled me to watch it with a fresher mind than I'll likely have when Terror Train and Prom Night's remakes emerge.

The movie by no means is the best horror film in the world but it doesn't suck either. The movie focuses on rich siblings Blaine and Desiree whose April Fools prank on Desiree's frenemy, Milan results in her accidental death.

A year later Blaine, Desiree, and four of their friends who were present at Milan's death start receiving warnings supposedly from Milan. The warnings insist that whoever was responsible for Milan's death must step forward or all the others will die.

The film is suspenseful and actually surprises the viewer with it's twists and turns. I not only couldn't predict the ending I enjoyed it immensely.

I also have to give it up for Rumer Scout Compton, when I saw her in Rob Zombie's Halloween remake I didn't like her. But her role in April Fools Day was cute and intriguing and I may now have to re watch Halloween to see if it's changed my view on her.

The film doesn't star anyone else I recognize but the actress who plays Desiree bears a startling resemblance to Buffy/Angel actress Charisma Carpenter.

0 comments: