Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Jessica Simpson: Blond and Ridiculous


The sad thing is that Jessica Simpson can act, she has a great sense of comedic timing. Given a strong supporting role and a decent cast, she could be wonderful. But these endless stream of ditz out-of-water films have got to stop.

Jessica Simpson plays Megan Valentine. An actress and singer with a string of bad films on her resume (Sound familiar). Of course, when her fairy tale life comes crashing down she hightails it to the army.

This film is strictly movie by numbers. She's the worst soldier ever. She gets her groove back and impresses everyone. Learns a larger lesson in life. Gets a hunky love interest. Need I say more? Even Simpson seems to have checked out during the film, she seems to be phoning it in waiting for the check to clear.

I was briefly in Air Force boot camp. I cannot speak for the Army Boot Camp but I assume the rules and regulations are the same. Privates do not get warm pep talks and pats on the head from their Drill Sergeants. Privates do not give attitude to Drill Sergeants and First Sergeants and have nothing happen to them. I understand that it's a fantasy movie but try a little harder for realism.

Simpson is not the only one suffering through this film. Cheri Oteri, Steve Guttenberg, and Vivica A. Fox also appear in the movie. Congratulations, Steve Miner, you've finally directed a movie worse than Friday The 13th Part 3. Bravo!

4 comments:

Amiee said...

I feel sorry for Jessica Simpson, she's not an awful actress she just makes so many bad decisions!

nikki said...

Didn't Goldie Hawn do this movie a long time ago?

Sadako said...

Nikki, that was my reaction--that this was some weird ass remake of Private Benjamin.

LadyJ3000 said...

I definitely got a Private Benjamin vibe from the film. I haven't seen that movie in years, I may have to rent it.